Special Situation Investing

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Information Collection

There is a vast quantity of financial information out there on the internet. The process of scanning through this information to find stocks that interest you can be quite daunting. Personally, I don't really have a single method to obtain special situation info. I mean I go to blogs, scan yahoo/google finance, read Business Week/Fortune/Barrons, do searches with google, it takes a LOT of time. So anytime somebody can suggest a method to optimize the search process I am all ears.

Alex Bossert sent me an email with a few good links. Actually the first and last link are more than just links, the parameters in the URL initiate searches on the SEC website. You still have the process of clicking on all the links and scanning through the documents to figure out the scoop but this is still faster than many other methods. Well anyways, here is Alex's email:

I have a few reasources that you might find interesting to help find special situations.
These are the sites i use:

This site profils special situations often:
Going private transactions can sometimes be very rewarding:
Going Private Transactions


If anybody else has any suggestions on methods to search for special situations I would love to hear them.

1 Comments:

  • I use this SEC search file.

    I just type in the type of document I'm looking for, such 13e3 or 13g, and it pulls up a dated, easy-to-scan list.

    Another good idea is to download the description of SEC forms, for those who don't know what all these numbers mean. It makes a handy reference.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home